Sunday, June 27, 2004

Buddhists For Kerry

In today's New York Times, Ron Reagan noted:


"One thing that Buddhism teaches you is that every moment is an opportunity to change. And we will have a moment in November to make a big change."



He was also asked how his mother felt being ushered to her seat (at the Reagan funeral) by President Bush...


Well, he did a better job than Dick Cheney did when he came to the rotunda. I felt so bad. Cheney brought my mother up to the casket, so she could pay her respects. She is in her 80s, and she has glaucoma and has trouble seeing. There were steps, and he left her there. He just stood there, letting her flounder. I don't think he's a mindful human being. That's probably the nicest way I can put it.



I wonder what Cheney would have told her if she'd asked for a little help!

No comments: