Friday, December 03, 2004

Trouble In The Dining Room


In the dining room of the house I use to live in, a rubber tree plant sat near the window that faced west. Almost every day of the year, I would see the shadows cast by the blinds onto the plant and I would think of the very photo-graphic opportunity it presented.




Of course, what looks pleasing to the eye doesn't always translate so well when photographed. In this case, it's possible that had I re-positioned the plant slightly, or had more than one lens available to me, I might have made a more interesting photograph.

So, as much as I liked what I saw in the late afternoon of my dining room, I couldn't quite create a print that was as striking. Thinking that cropping it might help, I tried a few variations










Then, I thought I'd try a few of Photoshop's filters out...







I think I like this one best so far (click to enlarge)...


No comments: