Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Free Cat

I had to laugh when I saw this photo at Flickr. (It appears to have been lifted from another website as opposed to having been taken by the Flickr member that uploaded it.)

Dan, my roommate at Bowling Green for a year, hated cats. He'd always been a dog owner and had no interest whatsoever in felines.

I laugh at the photo because any time we happened to see a dead dog along the side of a road, Dan would go into denial mode: "That's not a dog, it's a cat!"


Dan and our pal Martha Dannery
Dan and I haven't been in touch in close to ten years, but I happened across his website tonight when I did a Google search for his name (imagine that!). One of the funniest guys I've ever known. Fine artist. Pretty good golfer. He told me once that he loved salt so much that he wanted to die of it.

No comments: