Sunday, December 12, 2004

My Friend Flickr

Over the course of the last couple of weeks I've been uploading photographs to my new Flickr PhotoBlog.

What an inspiration it has been to cruise the site, exploring other photographers' images! In the last ten years or so, I've not been all that interested in photography as an expressive outlet for myself. As I completed The Artist Project, I felt a sort of exhaustion from the emotional energy that went into the project and that simultaneously went into my then-crumbling marriage. Once, I ate, drank, slept, breathed photography; since 1995, it's remained on my radar, but I've given considerably more time to my songwriting, artist management and concert promotion — virtually none of which had any financial remuneration, but called me nonetheless.

Lately, thanks to the digital camera I've managed to hijack from my son (who in turn borrowed it from a friend of his), I've become entranced again with the form of visual expression. I'm dabbling again. I've decided that I like the idea of instant gratification that digital photography brings (is there a Leo inside me fighting to get out?!?). I like that I don't have to consider buying film to take pictures, although I think that this expense (and effort to buy them) will merely be supplanted by the expense (and effort) involved with buying batteries.

I hope the earth forgives me my trespasses.

Last night, I took a late night walk in to East Lansing. I was't sure where I was heading until I got near the MSU campus. I decided to grab a slice of pizza at Georgio's and to document the place somewhat.

One of the limitations of the camera I've been using is that it only has ten frames with which to work, or so I've been led to believe. I usually set the resolution at its highest, so I'm guessing I'd get more frames by setting the resolution lower. The camera's flash also leaves a bit to be desired, and it has no time-exposure function for night work. This, of course, leads me to thinking that I'd like to invest more money that I don't have in a more advanced camera.

Something very significant is stirring in my life at the moment, and I'm not sure what it is. Actually, I do, but...

I am beginning to wonder if my Moses-like wandering through life hasn't finally brought me to nearing some kind of Point B.

B... what a concept!

Oh — if you're wondering...

No comments: