Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The Abstract

As a kid, I would lie on the floor or hang my head off the edge of the couch and look at the ceilings in our house. I would imagine that the ceiling was a floor. I imagined having to step over the molded rectilinear archways between the rooms. The chandelier in the dining room would stand up straight.

While talking on the phone last week, I was lying on the floor looking at the ceiling of the hallway heading to my bedroom ("Ceiling Abstract #1") and was reminded of those long ago days.

Today, I took a series of shots I've organized at my Flickr site in a set called Ceiling Abstracts. With only a couple of exceptions, only some slight cropping and minimal re-touching has been added to the original imagery. I've also rotated, inverted or flipped the images in a few cases.

The one you see here is a view in our bathroom. The green wash in the room is from the plastic shower curtain section that keeps shower water from gathering on the window sill.

No comments: