Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Iraq: Bush's Mess


No matter the approach John Kerry takes with regard to Iraq, Bush continues to gets mileage out of his claims that Kerry has taken "many different positions on Iraq." And the public seems to be eating it up.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of it. I'm getting tired of hearing Bush say it, for one thing, I'm getting tired of the media letting him get away with it when they know it isn't true, and I'm tired of Kerry letting him say it without rebuttal. Perhaps yesterday's speech at NYU was the beginning if a bolder approach to his campaign.

If Kerry were to ask me how to respond to Bush, this is what I'd tell him to say:

"Mr. President... For the sake of argument, let's say that I have taken as many positions on the war in Iraq as you've said I've taken. You know what...? I could have taken fifty positions on Iraq... but the fact remains -- you're the one who's made a mess of the place!"


No comments: