Saturday, September 18, 2004

Freaky Indeed!


I went to school in Bowling Green, Ohio and not once did I hear of a shooting in the four years or so that I was there. Football players breaking urinals, perhaps, but not once a shooting.


Man Shot in Downtown Bowling Green

BOWLING GREEN -- A Bowling Green man is in police custody. He's accused of shooting another man in downtown BG.

Shots rang out in this typically quiet community early this morning near the intersection of Wooster and Prospect Streets. Police say 22-year-old Brian Steen shot 20-year-old Matthew Llanas twice in the legs. Llanas was air-lifted to St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. Police say a second man was not wounded, but did have a bullet go through his shirt.

[...]

"I heard it on the news this morning. I think it's kinda scary, because things like that don't happen in Bowling Green," said one resident Theresa Boggs.

"I think it's kinda freaky. I mean you really don't expect that to happen. It's mostly why you come to school someplace like this is to stay away from the big city and guns and things and stuff," said another resident Caleb Woods.


On a side note, will writers ever stop using the phrase, "shots rang out"?

No comments: