Sunday, August 01, 2004

Back from Falcon Ridge

I've been home for almost a week now and I've yet to get my blogging feet back... work has required long hours in anticipation of the big event.

I've also been fairly absorbed in the coverage of the Democratic National Convention this week. I don't have cable, so I've had to rely on PBS' coverage.

I was quite taken with Teresa Heinz Kerry's speech Wednesday night and Laura Flanders had an interesting take on the criticism that the Republicans level at Heinz Kerry. She noted, essentially, that they afraid of strong women whereas John Kerry (and similarly, John Edwards) have no qualms whatsoever with strong women.

While waiting in Boston's Logan Airport on my way back from my trip, CNN seemed to be all over the story that Heinz Kerry had told a reporter to "Shove it!"... perhaps it's because they had videotape of the incident, but the story seemed to have more legs than the Cheney foulspeak in the Senate chambers a few weeks ago.

Today on PBS' To The Contrary, Republican Pollster KellyAnne Conway emphatically complained (!) that Heinz Kerry only mentioned her husband twice in her speech at the convention Wednesday night, then went on to say that Heinz Kerry was more likely to be found at a Waldorf than at Wal-Mart. Thank goodness for host Bonnie Erbe, who stopped her mid-sentence to remind her that we are just as likely to find Laura Bush at Wal-Mart. Finally, a reporter with some backbone to call these chimp-aholics on their cheap shots.


No comments: