Saturday, July 01, 2006

Bush Bump

I read with interest a recent TIME poll in which it states that "Bush's handling of the war on terror saw a slight gain in support, from 44% to 45%." (Of course, his numbers in just about every other dwell in the low- to mid-30% range!)

The only "handling" of the so-called "War On Terror" that the miserable failure does, is to sit back and hope that his folly of a war in Iraq doesn't lead to another attack on these shores.

It is beyond me how 45% of any group of people can approve of anything this absolute failure of a president has done. Can someone please tell me what this sham of a president has actually done to improve the lives of the American people? (Fat-cat crony-ist Republican gubernatorial candidates need not respond. I know that your pockets are better-lined these days.)

Worst. President. Ever.



If you're interested in commenting, please sign up at Blogger to do so. The spammers have yet again found a way to ruin something, so I've configured this blog to accept only comments I've read first.

1 comment:

fuquinay said...

I recently posed this question on the Baltimore Sun forum about our mayor (he's a Dem., by the way). No one who supported him could find anything he'd actually done that wasn't already begun by someone else.

I think it's OK to have a feeling about someone, whether he's actually shown progress or not. For instance, I work out for an hour a day, but I'm still wearing the same pants. I have a feeling, just the same, that the exercise is working.

But back to the Bush. I have to agree with you that I can see absolutely nothing good about the man, either in his personal dealings with the world, nor in his professional capacity.

So if someone out there is going by feeling, he ought to check to make sure his hair isn't on fire. Because I imagine that's the only way one can get a feeling about Bush. And it wouldn't be a good feeling.